It doesn’t matter if you are on the heavier side or not, a poorly designed bra will always cause you discomfort such as itchiness, underwire poking, and squishing of the skin.
If the weight of the bust is not properly distributed throughout the back and shoulders, it can leave strap marks and obstruct blood circulation. It can also cause small heat boils to appear in the underboob area due to a lack of air circulation.
The fabric used in lingerie manufacturing plays a vital role in overall customer satisfaction. The ultimate goal is to feel comfortable and confident. So we have come up with some brands that deliver exactly that. In this article, we have summed up bras that provide good amounts of support to the back to avoid sloping off from the shoulders.
Take a look at the bras that don’t slide off shoulders
1. Hanes Women’s Comfy Support Wirefree Bra
Hanes Comfy Support Wirefree bra is made from 80% Nylon, 15% Polyester, and 5% Spandex. It is advised to only hand wash the garment and not put it in the machine. It does not come with underwires and hence, will provide amazing comfort for hours.
It is stitched with a hook-eye type of closure to give you different levels of comfort at any time. The front part has a steep neckline, so you can wear them with clothes having deep necklines. They are steep enough to not be seen from the front.
This product does not have padding and offers ComfortFlex Fit 4-way stretchable fabric that fits the shape of your body.
Adjustable and super elastic straps give you the freedom to easily go from normal wear to a criss-cross style according to your outfit. The fabric, both on the inside and outside, is soft and comfortable. It does not come with inner tags, so you won’t have to worry about itching and fiddling with the tags.
2. Hanes Women’s Comfort Evolution Bra
The garment is wire-free and has a sweetheart neckline. It comes with shiny borders at the trim and gives a sleek and seamless look from under your clothes.
The Hanes Women’s Comfort bra has a hook and eye type of closure and offers good support. It does not provide shape but keeps them in place. When it comes to washing, do not put it in the dryer or the washing machine. Use warm water and soft detergents instead.
The straps are pretty flexible and have the perfect amount of width to prevent piercing into your shoulder skin. The wide straps help distribute the weight and reduce the chances of back or shoulder pain.
To know about the size Hanes provides, click on this link. The garment comes in two standard sizes and those are black and nude. The seamless design makes it a perfect t-shirt bra. A thick and elastic strap at the bottom will not only keep your bust in place but also fit your shape.
3. Olga Luxury Lift Full Coverage Underwire Bra
Coming to the product details, the garment is made of 83% Nylon and 17% Spandex. It offers you a hook and eye type of closure. It is wired and has standard-sized straps.
The Olga Luxury Lift Full Coverage Underwire Bra comes with picot trims and has partial-lace designs on both cups. It comes with adjustable shoulder straps and a triple hook and an eye type of closure.
It is super comfortable and very lightweight. You won’t mind wearing them for the entire day. It is perfect for round shoulders as the straps don’t slip off. The fabric inside is not the itchy type. Check out the size chart to find the perfect match for you.
4. Wacoal Women’s Front Close T-Back Bra
The garment is made of 87% Nylon and 13% Spandex. It must be hand washed and instead of putting it in the dryer, we recommend it to be hung dried. The product has a hook and eye type of closure which offers different levels of comfort. The hooks are in the front to increase back support.
The cups cover the entire bust and the back is of the racerback type. The Wacoal Women’s Front Close T-Back Bra is an underwired bra with unlined cups. It has fun mesh details on both the straps and above the cups.
The fabric is soft to the skin and has the perfect amount of flexibility. The straps are adjustable as well. The design and material is such that it gives a seamless look even when worn under thin, tight, or light-shaded garments.
The cups are not padded. The brand promises all-day comfort.
5. Maidenform Women’s Comfy Soft Full Coverage Underwire Bra
This garment is made of 81% Nylon and 19% Elastane. It is supposed to be hand washed only. In order to dry them, hang them instead of putting them in the dryer. These have a backside double row hook and eye kind of closure. The straps go pretty wide at the back which reduces the weight on the shoulders and spine.
The cups are underwired and cloud foamed. With sueded-touch fabric, it offers luxe softness to the skin. The overall look of the garment gives off a pretty seamless feel and hence, can be worn on light shaded t-shirts as well.
The brand boasts about providing extra coverage and gives a good shape to the bust. The straps are thin and adjustable. They are elastic enough to be worn criss-cross.
6. Bali Women’s Comfort Revolution Front-Close Shaping Underwire Bra
The cup materials consists of 94% Nylon and 6% Spandex. The center belt lining and cup lining are made of 100% Polyester whereas the cup padding is made of 100% Polyurethane Foam. The inner center belt lining is a 100% Nylon material and the back lining is 95% Nylon and 5% Spandex.
The garment must be only hand washed and hung dry. The closure in this bra is the plastic material clasp type. They are placed at the front to give you good back support. To make it clear, it is not like those cheap plastic clips you buy in local stores. These are pretty sturdy and thick in nature.
The cups do provide an extra lift and in no way flatten the bust. The underwires are layered with cushions to act gentle on your skin and the underwires for a perfect U to keep those beauties in place. To make sure they stay in place, refer to the size chart to see whether Bali can provide you with the perfect one.
7. Warner’s Women’s Play It Cool Wire-Free Contour Bra with Lift
The fabrics used in the manufacturing of the garment are 51% Nylon, 37% Polyester, and 12% Spandex. You can machine wash them without worrying about any damage as such. The garment does not come with underwires.
Chill FX lining in the cups helps to get rid of moisture and keeps cool within. They are easy to use, with front adjustable straps. These straps have good flexibility to be able to wear them criss-crossed.
The pads provide a little bit of lift to help you feel bustier and fill up the cup. Being able to provide just the right amount of push, the bra doesn’t form any cleavage.
8. Maidenform Women’s Casual Comfort Convertible Bralette
The cup is made of 90% Nylon, 10% Spandex whereas the back lining is made of 74% Nylon and 26% Spandex. It must only be hand washed and hung dry and not to be put in the washing machine or dryer.
It has a backside hook and eye type of closure. It is a bralette without underwires. You can wear the straps in multiple ways. One way is to round one of the straps around your neck for a halter top. You can also wear it the criss cross way or choose to go for the standard way.
The lace design on the cup will not be itchy to the skin as there is a soft fabric that traces it. There is a thin, plastic boning near the cups to hold those beauties in place. Please refer to the size chart to see whether your size is available or not.
9. Vanity Fair Women’s Beauty Back Full Figure Wirefree Bra
The fabrics used in these garments are Nylon, Spandex, Polyester and Microfiber. The cups do not have an underwire and the straps are pretty easy to adjust.
The overall texture is smooth and the material gives off a rich vibe. The seamless design makes it a perfect t-shirt bra. The cups are smartly contoured and help provide shape and extra coverage. The best part is that this garment provides amazing support and shape without having underwires.
Hence, this product is the perfect mixture of comfort and functionality. The straps are completely adjustable and flexible and wide enough to distribute the weight evenly. The inner cups are layered with ultra-soft microfiber sheets as well.
Like all beauty back bras, the double knit fabric helps in giving a perfectly smooth and seamless silhouette. Check out your size on the size chart to see its availability.
10. Bali Women’s Comfort Revolution Wirefree Bra
The materials used in the manufacturing of the garment are 94% Polyester and 6% Spandex. The garment has a hook and eye kind of a back closure. The cups do not have underwires. The straps are easy to adjust as well.
The cups are lined. The soft comfort band below the cups takes the shape of your body and moves along with your curves. There aren’t any tags on the garment, so there is no itchiness and fidgeting with it.
The bra has a layer of stretch foam on the inside that not only offers a smooth contact surface but also increases flexibility. The cups offer an even and rounded shape to your beauties making it perfect to wear underneath tight and thin t-shirts.
The straps are flexible and sturdy enough to be worn in criss-cross patterns as well. It also is the perfect undergarment for outfits with a steep neck. The garment must be hand washed with cold water and line dried instead of putting it in the dryer.
The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide to the Best Bra for Sloping Shoulders
The best and the most logical way to avoid strap slippage is to go strapless. But a lot of us with heavier busts might not be able to stay forever comfortable in strapless bras. So, here are some tips and tricks and other alternatives to opt for while searching bras for sloping or narrow shoulders.
- Strap width: Wider the bra strap, it has a larger area to slip off from. But if the bra strap is too narrow, it may pierce into your shoulder skin and cause red markings and heat boil. Make sure you compare the width of the bra to the bra you are currently wearing to get an idea of whether the width is going to be a comfortable one or not.
- High neck back bras: These work the best for sloping shoulders but definitely aren’t an idealistic choice when it comes to design. These kinds of bras have less of straps and are more like sleeveless tank tops. There will be no chance of any kind of slippage as the fabric that goes around the bust is the same as the one that goes over your shoulders.
- Racerback bras: Racerback type of bras are another alternative to high neck back bras. They are much more open and some even have multiple straps to support your back posture. Racerbacks have their straps come together at a point that is not much lower than the neck, which helps avoid slipping at any cost.
- Position of the straps: The position of the straps plays an important role in making sure they don’t slip off your shoulders. We recommend you look into bras with straps that cut closer to the neck than to the shoulders. The best types of straps are the ones that can come together at a place before reaching the other side.
- Bras with front closures: Bras with front closures with underwires not only lift your bust but also keeps your bust in place. In this way, the straps too don’t tend to slip that often. A hook and eye front closure will definitely help in keeping the centre of mass of your bust stable which reduces the chances of shifting the straps.
- Avoid bras that require you to wear the straps at the end of the collar bone. Every bra strap is adjustable, so use this feature to your advantage and key the two straps as close to each other as possible with the help of a safety pin, if needed.
- Imperfect size: No matter how good the brand is and how soft the material is, if you don’t have the perfect sized bra, there is no use being happy about the purchase. From the size of the straps to the cup size, make sure you have got the correct measurements.
Buying lingerie only could be a challenging one as you don’t get to try it and feel the material. Most of the brands allow free returns with a deadline and some even offer exchanges. Before placing the final order make sure the lingerie you have selected has all the features you are looking for, from comfort down to the measurements.
We hope this article on the bras for narrow shoulders and large breasts has helped you find the perfect piece for the occasion. Please do go through the buyer’s guide once more to avoid making mistakes while shopping. Happy shopping!